Oct 27, 2010

Not sospecial

I'm not unique.
And I'm not special on a level where I'm completely irreplaceable.

And neither is anyone else.

I love that about being human.

Feeling unique is so lonely to me, and honestly, pretty darn self-centered. I don't understand how some people can go about their entire lives thinking that no one else had ever or will ever be anything like them. I like finding people who are just like me.

I find lots of people like me, but I'd been feeling especially standoffish this week. Except today, on my run I ran into an old friend, who was also just getting back into running, who loves to do the same stuff as me, and when they invited me in for a drink of water, they had the same favorite mug as me.

That to me was more special than all of that stuff by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment